Sunday, 13 October 2013
Goel challenges Chief Minister with “15 questions on Congress 15 years misrule”
· Goel challenges Chief Minister with “15 questions on Congress 15 years misrule”
· Chief Minister unable to defend herself, so fielded corrupt and inefficient ministers : Goel
· Congress has nothing to show except “Failure” on its 15 year report card
Challenging the Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for a public debate on the issue of absolute collapse of governance in Delhi, the Delhi BJP President Shri Vijay Goel said, “The Chief Minister doesn’t have any explanation for the failures of Congress government. That is why instead of coming to the fore and responding to my charges, she fielded her three ministers to respond who tried to mislead with wrong figures and false claims.”
Hitting hard at the Congress government, Shri Goel raised a list of 15 questions on 15 years of Congress rule. “The Chief Minister should stop playing hide and seek and come out in open to explain her position on these 15 questions.”
She owes this to people of Delhi, she should stop fielding her sidekicks who indulge in empty political rhetoric. Her ministers who are trying to defend her are themselves completely inefficient and their performance is disastrous. Ministers like Raj Kumar Chauhan have no moral right to even talk about corruption as he himself had been indicted by Lokayukta and departments headed by Haroon Yusuf and Arvinder Singh Lovely are some of the most corrupt and inefficient departments of Delhi Administration.
“It is ironical that these ministers are trying to speak on issue of corruption and efficiency of administration. But this is not surprising what can you expect from a government which is headed by a Chief Minister who herself has been indicted more than once by Lokayukta in case of corruption and misuse of official resources. ”
BJP’s 15 questions on 15 years of Congress Rule
1. Economic Development: Congress govt. makes claim of unprecedented economic development in the city, if that is the case then why unemployment rate of Delhi has increased from 3.6% in 1999-2000 to 4% now?
2. Per Capita Income: Delhi govt. claims of highest per capita income in Delhi, if that is the case, then after 15 years of Congress rule, why do you still need to give food security to 72% of Delhi’s population?
3. Power: Congress govt. claims unprecedented increase in power supply and production of power, then why has it increase power tariff by 300% during last 15 years and what is the need for giving subsidies to private DISCOMS?
4. Health: Cong govt claims that health services have improved in Delhi, is it because of this reason that it failed to spend 29% of the health budget in city?
5. Hospital and Beds: Congress govt. claims an unprecedented increase in hospital and beds, then why Delhi Human Development Report says that the health facilities in Delhi are grossly insufficient with only 2 clinics on population of 10,000?
6. Modern Hospital: Congress govt. claims that hospitals have been modernised in Delhi during last 15 years, then why is the CAG pointing out that there are not even enough life saving devices and services in Delhi govt’s hospitals?
7. Transport: Congress govt. claims of making several flyovers, then it should explain why Delhi roads remains one of the most congested ones in the world with commuters and drivers of all kinds of vehicles having a harrowing time everyday?
8. CNG Buses: Congress govt. claims that the world’s largest non-polluting fleet is operating from Delhi by DTC, but it has failed to explain why it has not modernised DTC fleet by scrapping atleast 2000 of its 6000 buses. Also why instead of more than 11000 buses required for Delhi, DTC is dragging its feet with less than 6000 buses?
9. Water Supply: Congress govt. claims that there is a huge increase in water supply, then why CAG reports underline the fact that half of Delhi doesn’t have water supply.
10. Education: As against claims of promoting education in the city, Congress Govt. should explain why it shut down 80 govt. schools and why more than 12000 vacancies of teachers are lying vacant?
11. Treatment for weaker sections: Congress Govt. claims of adequate arrangement for treatment of the poor in private hospitals then why the compliance rate is standing at a meager 3.3%.
12. Students from weaker sections: Congress govt. claims of giving special incentives to students from weaker sections of society but why more than 15000 seats reserved for them are not filled up?
13. Laadli Scheme: Congress govt. claims of 5 lakh beneficiaries under this scheme, then why CAG said that the failure rate in this scheme is a staggering 42% ?
14. Social Security: Today the old people and the women feel extremely vulnerable in this city with skyrocketing crime graph and absence of any social security net for them. Why Delhi has become the “crime capital” and why a number of ghettos have emerged in the city where there has been no development during last 15 years?
15. Environment: Congress govt has claimed of taking steps to improve environment in Delhi, then why does a study conducted by the Union ministry of science and Technology says that during the last 10 years, environmental pollution in Delhi has increased by 21%?