- Public holiday be declared on Chhath festival.
- Sufficient numbers of train be run from Delhi to Bihar & U.P.
- Proper arrangements be made for Chhath worship in M.C.D. and DDA parks.
- Additional water be released at Wazirabad Ghat on this occasion.
- Arrangements be made to clean the yamuna banks.
- The lanes which are not smooth be made worth walking.
- Arrangements be made for free parking.
- Separate toilets be provided for ladies & gents at the Ghats.
- Tent facility should be provided for the women at yamuna ghats for changing clothes.
- Sufficient number of police men & motor boats be provided.
- Arrangements for beds, duries, polythene, sheets, lighting, drinking water, medical facilities be made for each one thousand persons at every ghat for night shelter.
- Free transport facilities may also be provided.
- Mob control arrangements and Disaster Management team be deputed at all prominent railway stations of Delhi.
- Temporary medical facilities be provided at railway stations and bus terminus.
Thursday, 20 October 2011
Delhi Government should declare public holiday on Chhath festival - B.J.P.
BJP has demanded the Chief Minister that she should declare the most important festival of 40 lakh Poorvanchalis Chhath festival on 2nd November, 2011 as public holiday so that they may celebrate this festival with full dedication and enthusiasm.
In a Press Conference at the Pradesh Headquarters, BJP Delhi Pradesh President Shri Vijender Gupta has demanded that arrangements should be made for additional water to be released in yamuna for the Chhath worshippers at Wazirabad Ghat. On this occasion all the roads leading to the banks of yamuna river in Delhi should be made safe for the pedestrians. Free parking and free health services should also be provided by organising camps at all the Chhath Ghats.
BJP had demanded public holiday on the Chhath festival last year also, but the Congress Government did not respect the emotional of the Poorvanchalis and they had to celebrate their festival without any leave for it. Hence this year BJP Delhi Pradesh President Shri Vijender Gupta has in his letter to the Chief Minister again demanded that Delhi Government should declare holiday on the occasion of Chhath festival.
The Co-Incharge of Delhi Pradesh and Legislator from Bihar Shri Rameshwar Chaurasia, Pradesh Vice President Mrs. Poonam Azad, Poorvanchal Cell Incharge Dr. S.C.L. Gupta and President of the Poorvanchal Cell Shri Abhey Verma were present in the Press Conference. Shri Rameshwar Chaurasia informed the press persons that as Durga Pooja in Bengal and Dussehra and Ramlila in Delhi are important for the people the same way Chhath festival is the most important festival in entire Bihar Jharkhand and neighbouring areas and also in Delhi.
Following are the demands of the BJP from Delhi Government for providing facilities for the Chhath worshippers :-